Recently I have had several friends asking for advice on what they need for their new babies. Most of them first time moms but a few moms with a second kiddo looking for things to accommodate both kids. So here are a few of my "must haves" for your new little one.
1. A good stroller. Trust me, you will use your stroller A LOT and spending money on a quality one will serve you well (skip the travel system!!). A few of our favorites are the Bumbleride Indie and Indie Twin, Baby Jogger City Mini and City Select, BOB, and the UPPABaby Vista. And when baby gets a bit older and you want something a little more compact, we suggest the Joovy Kooper.
2. If you are even considering part time cloth diapering then you'll definitely need a few essentials. First, our all time favorite diaper is FuzziBunz Perfect Size. They come in the cutest colors and fit our kiddos perfectly. You will also need cloth diaper detergent and once again we have a favorite (of course we do!) and that is Rockin' Green. They have a great tool on their site to determine which formula (Classic Rock, Soft Rock or Hard Rock) is best for the area that you live in. And last but certainly not least is a Wet Bag, and you can get one of those when you pick up your FuzziBunz diapers!
3. A good soft structured carrier (SSC). If you want to grocery shop, then you need an SSC!! Skip the Baby Bjorn and head straight for our two faves the Boba Carrier and the Beco Butterfly II. Trust me, you'll be glad you did!!!!!
4. This one might be kind of a duh but it's the type that we are looking at. Skip the infant car seat, you use it for less than a year and need a convertible seat eventually anyway. Instead head straight for the convertible seats, our faves are Britax. We brought our middle child home from the hospital in a Britax Boulevard and she is now over 3 and still riding in that seat. And remember, keep your kidlet rear facing until he/she is at least 2!!!!!!
5. And last but certainly not least are the blankies, sleep sacks, and of course toys! Our favorite blankies are Everything Happy Blankies (we LOVE the One to Love, One to Give mission and you can use code frances25 for 25% off!!) and Little Giraffe blankets, hooded towels, and of course Little G. Halo sleep sacks are by far the best out there and we just love them!! Then our favorite toy for little ones is by far Sophie the Giraffe and all of her friends!!
Well that should get you shopping for now and I'm sure we'll have more to add later!!! ENJOY and happy baby gear shopping!
*I was not compensated to write this post.